World Vision is an international partnership of Christians whose mission is to follow our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation, seek justice, and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
WHERE YOUR SUPPORT GOES
- Transformational development that is community-based and sustainable, focused especially on the needs of children.
- Emergency relief that assists people afflicted by conflict or disaster.
- Promotion of justice that seeks to change unjust structures affecting the poor among whom we work.
- Partnerships with churches to contribute to spiritual and social transformation.
- Public awareness that leads to informed understanding, giving, involvement, and prayer.
- Witness to Jesus Christ by life, deed, word, and sign that encourages people to respond to the Gospel.
We are called to serve the people in greatest need around the world, to relieve their suffering and to promote the transformation of their condition of life.
We stand in solidarity in a common search for justice. We seek to understand the situation of the poor and work alongside them toward fullness of life. We share our discovery of eternal hope in Jesus Christ.
We seek to facilitate an engagement between the poor and the affluent that opens both to transformation. We respect the poor as active participants, not passive recipients, in this relationship. They are people from whom others may learn and receive, as well as give. The need for transformation is common to all. Together we share a quest for justice, peace, reconciliation, and healing in a broken world.