ALS Association (National Office)
Established in 1985, The ALS Association is the only national non-profit organization fighting Lou Gehrig’s Disease on every front. By leading the way in global research, providing assistance for people with ALS through a nationwide network of chapters, coordinating multidisciplinary care through certified clinical care centers, and fostering government partnerships, The Association builds hope and enhances quality of life while aggressively searching for new treatments and a cure.
WHERE YOUR SUPPORT GOES
- Raise the level of awareness of The ALS Association as the leading voice and most trusted source of information about Lou Gehrig’s Disease.
- Lead, direct and/or collaborate on global research to understand the disease, develop treatments and ultimately find a cure.
- Provide every person with ALS and their families access to high quality, consistent and compassionate support services.
- Advance a nationwide advocacy program that increases funding for ALS research, improves patient services and empowers the entire ALS community.
- Function as one organization with unity of purpose.
- Operate within a business model designed to ensure stability and promote financial strength.
Since 1985, through our Translational Research Advancing Therapies for ALS (TREAT ALS™) program, The ALS Association has funded more than $99 million in research and clinical management projects. This unrelenting focus has resulted in some of the greatest ALS research discoveries to date.
We’re presently funding close to 100 active research projects, selected through a peer review process involving top ALS scientists.